Guitar & Piano
Originally from San Angelo, TX, Nathan started formal piano and music theory lessons at age 6, continuing for 10 years before picking up guitar around age 13. It was love at first touch, and Nathan stayed with guitar from that point on, performing with his first band in high school. After graduating, Nathan attended UT Austin, focusing on audio production and interning at local studios.
Eventually, Nathan moved from Texas to New York for school, and played in and around New York City before coming back to Austin. In Texas, he played with regional bands Squint and Three:33 over the next several years, and still currently performs with the band Suburban Slang around the Austin area.
Nathan works with students to learn the ins and outs of their instrument, while also teaching the music they already love. He brings a wealth of experience in songwriting, recording, and performing, particularly in band settings, and would be a great choice for students wanting to delve into learning how to develop/record their own musical ideas!
Nathan’s primary instrument is guitar, but can teach beginner bass and piano as well.
Full Teacher List by Instrument:
- Bass instructors: Chris Turvill | Nathan Snyder
- Drum instructors: Matt Bongirno | Jose Gutierrez
- Guitar instructors: Jordan Bradshaw | Nathan Snyder | Chris Turvill
- Piano instructors: Nathan Snyder | Josh Terry | Allysa Martinez | Tracy Michele
- Ukulele instructors: Chris Turvill
- Violin instructors: Megan Berson | Josh Terry | Allysa Martinez
- Viola instructors: Megan Berson | Allysa Martinez
- Vocal instructors: Julia Watkins-Davis | Allysa Martinez | Tracy Michele | Jordan Bradshaw